Innovation Showcase: Knowledgeable Jury Chooses the Best Innovations of International Plant Breeders
Messe Essen and the Central Horticultural Association honoured the most impressive innovations at the fair for the tenth time. Corina Krause, Flower Fairy 2017, und Eva Kähler-Theuerkauf, Chairwoman of the Advisory Board for the IPM ESSEN Fair and President of the North Rhine-Westphalia State Horticultural Association, congratulated the winners.
- The Pelargonium zonale 'Brocade Fire Night' presented by Dümmen Orange from Rheinberg was distinguished as the "IPM Innovation 2017" in the "Bedding and Balcony Plant" category.
- The Mandevilla sanderi (Hemsl.) Woodson 'Mini Scarlet' received the title in the "Tub Plants" category.
- The Hibiscus rosa sinensis 'Petit™Orange' presented by Graff Breeding from Denmark received the mark of distinction in the "Flowering House Plant" category.
- An alstroemeria presented by Könst Alstroemeria from the Netherlands, i.e. the 'White Pearls', was once again distinguished in the "Cut Flowers" category.
- The Expert Commission decided in favour of the Picea abies 'Little Santa' presented by Baumschule Artmeyer from Hörstel in the "Woody Plants" category.
- The jury has distinguished the Helleborus Gold Collection ®Ice N'Roses® (Helleborusxglandorfii) presented by Heuger Gartenbaubetriebe from Glandorf in the "Shrubs" category.
- The Rosa polyantha 'Smeralda Green Show' presented by Twelve Energy Societa Agricola SRL from Italy emerged as the Special Prize winner this year.
All the innovations are being exhibited in Hall 1A throughout the period of the fair.Back to the news overview